Not sure what to do with yourself? Surrounded by piles of books, and not sure where to start?
Why not take a 5 minute adventure with me through some flash fiction? Super short fiction, all of them under 1000 words, and interesting, weird, bizarre, fantastical, and in one of them, pretty effing horrifying.
Listen to my mini episode to decide which one is for you or go ahead and read them all!
* “The Man in My Closet” by Amy Clark: https://everydayfiction.com/the-man-in-my-closet-by-amy-clark/
For fans of: magical realism with a dark underbelly; if you liked the tv show “Man Seeking Woman”; if you wanted “Fight Club” to be a little sunnier; and if you like your weirdness firmly grounded in reality.
* “How to Clean Out A Cupboard” by Cheryl Powell: https://everydayfiction.com/how-to-clean-out-a-cupboard-by-cheryl-powell/
* “The Machine” by P. Djèlí Clark: https://everydayfiction.com/the-machine-by-p-djeli-clark/
For fans of: big metaphors; symbolism and myths; Terry Pratchett and the Discworld books.
* “Ghosted” by Amie Heasley: https://everydayfiction.com/ghosted-by-amie-heasley/
For fans of: hopeful fantasy; magical realism; if you like Neil Gaiman’s lighter work; if you’ve always dreamed of running away with a pirate.
* “The Postman is A Creep” by Nathan Good: https://everydayfiction.com/the-postman-is-a-creep-by-nathan-good/
For fans of: surreal horror; the ugly, dangerous side of Tim Burton and Joe Hill; if you like feeling unsettled and on edge; and if you need a good mental scream.
What’s your favorite flash fiction? Share it!